Friday, February 28, 2014

Upcoming Events!

First off, though I'm still collecting tallies, the knitting community deserves a MASSIVE, heartfelt, very teary thank you for their support during the Olympics donation drive.  The number of people who have emailed, blogged, Raveled, Facebooked, Tweeted, other social media that I don't know how to use-d, and just plain stood up and shouted about this was mind-boggling.  And then you bought patterns! You really bought patterns! I am one for grand ideas, for tilting at windmills, and I never know quite whether anyone will be willing to come with me when I say "let's go!" But you came with us in force, and for that I am so proud and thankful.  More details to come soon!

In the meantime, I wanted to check in with some updates about upcoming events.  Super exciting things on the horizon!

First up is an event I'm really excited to attend, the Common Cod Guild's FiberCamp Designer Fashion Show.  This will be held at 4pm on March 15th, at FiberCamp building, MIT’s Tang Center, Building E-51, 2 Amherst Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts.  Though I won't be walking in the show (thank goodness, that would probably end in a hospital visit after an epic fall off the stage or something), four of my sweater designs will (including a brand new one)! They'll be joined by pieces from other amazing designers: Julia Farwell-Clay, Misa Erder, Thea Colman, Amy Christoffers, Ellen Mason, and Allison Green.  These are some of the most talented and funniest ladies in the biz, and I'm so excited to be part of this event with them.  Check out the FiberCamp page for further details!

I've also got a couple teaching events coming up here in Portland at KnitWit; Brioche Knitting (including a head start on the Windrow Cowl) and Blocking 101.  The Brioche class is currently full, but there's a waiting list and I'll hopefully be running it again later this year.  The Blocking class on March 29th is open and I'd love to see you there! 

I wanted to get the word out as well about a super cool trip I'll be taking across the pond July 12th and 13th to the Unwind Festival in Brighton, UK.  Dani's put together the most amazing crop of teachers and classes and I'm looking forward to it so much.  I'll be teaching brioche and blocking there as well, but with a British accent (just kidding). 

The final event on the calendar so far is a perennial favorite, The New England Fiber Arts Retreat at Medomak, July 27th-August 2nd.  We're meeting up to finalize class schedules in a few weeks and I couldn't be more excited about this year's lineup.  How many more weeks until I get to lie on the dock in the sun and chat about knitting?

Whew--I think that covers it! This is going to be an awesome year, my fiber friends. :)

2 comments:

  1. Just sent $260 to the Human Rights Campaign Foundation and wanted to thank you once again for lighting the torch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avoid risk in trading, Follow Epic Research daily advices and recommendations to trade safely and beneficially.

    ReplyDelete