Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lida!

Man, can we talk about how much I love Quince and Co.'s Sparrow yarn? Gorgeous! Luminous! Effortless! I knit three sample garments in it in quick succession earlier this year, and absolutely jumped at the chance to design with it myself. The fruits of that labor appeared today in the Quince newsletter. Introducing: the Lida Shawl!

DSC_4455crop_medium2

DSC_4462sm_medium2

DSC_4445SM_medium2

(photos by the inimitable Carrie Bostick Hoge, and modeled by the lovely and eponymous Lida. Check it out over on Ravelry!)

I will be knitting this for myself as soon as I can. Maybe multiple times. =)

5 comments:

  1. I totally didn't recognize it in the newsletter today - silly me. Congrats on another great pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be making this as my next forbidden project :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful! I am loving the sparrow yarn too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This shawl is absolutely beautiful. I just ordered the yarn + pattern. Would love to hear more about your thoughts on sparrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your kind words! Despite the absolute yonks it's taken me to reply, I appreciate them all so much.

    ReplyDelete